As the holiday season approaches, loved ones will gather around to celebrate and enjoy tasty holiday treats. There are thousands of recipes to tickle your sweet tooth and a few that do a little more. This peppermint bark is even more delicious than it looks and delivers an added cannabis bite.
With eight of nine states passing cannabis ballot initiatives on November 8th, the one thing this country seems to be able to agree on is cannabis. This peppermint bark will surely help calm any political debates around the dinner table.
- 7 oz high quality dark chocolate
- 7 oz high quality white chocolate
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1-3 tbs cannabutter
- 1/3 cup chopped candy canes
- Line a 8×8 baking pan with aluminum foil, smoothing out any wrinkles.
- Chop dark chocolate and white chocolate into small pieces.
- Place a large heat safe glass bowl over a simmering pot of water, and add half the dark chocolate. Stir until melted.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and add canna-butter and 1/2 tsp peppermint extract. Working a few pieces at a time stir in the rest of the dark chocolate until all of the chocolate is melted together.
- Pour the dark chocolate into the baking pan, and use a spoon to smooth the chocolate evenly throughout the pan. Drop the pan on the counter a few times to remove any air bubbles.
- Set the pan in the refrigerator until the dark chocolate is completely hardened.
- Repeat the same process for the white chocolate.
- After the white chocolate is completely melted, quickly spread the white chocolate mixture over the dark chocolate. Sprinkle the chopped candy canes over the top, and gently press into the white chocolate.
- Refrigerate until fully set, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the peppermint bark from the baking dish and cut into even squares.
- To determine the appropriate dosage of canna-butter, refer to this article on dose and potency.
- Divide your total estimated THC potency by the number of squares of peppermint bark to determine approximately how many milligrams of THC are in each square.